11 December 2010

Ingas doily

I am still around - at least a little bit - despite the silence for more than a month.
Below is a doily I did some weeks ago. Thread is a combination of Aida and a Lizbeth, both in size 20. Not the best colours I have chosen though, the original was done in a green and a blue and looks better than this. But that can happen when you choose colours, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't but you really don't know till the work is done.


It is designed by Inga Madsen whom I visited for some days in September.
She is such a great designer and a great person too. She shared some other stuff which will appear here as time permits. She even gave me a copy of her book "Fairytales in Tatting".

9 comments:

Fox said...

What is wrong with these colours. Madame? I think this is really very beautiful! I LOVE the softness of the blue and the little hints of pink sneaking in!

Lovely tatting, Susanne, and beautiful colour work! So there.
Fox : )

Maureen said...

I love the colours! - very icy and Christmassy - really pretty.

Sally Kerson said...

Wow that is stunning, like Fox the colours look great together.

max said...

Always a beautiful choice of color and good ideas tatting

Susanne said...

Thank you to all of you for the very kind words. I am glad you like the colours I have chosen, I am still not too crazy about the choise but happy others have a different opinion.
Tak :-)

Valerie said...

i think the colours work; the cool colour scheme. perhaps the camera didn't do a good job. LOL

Liyarra said...

Pretty doily. Colors look ok too. I agree maybe the camera has not been playing nice. Inga is such a lovely, generous tatter.Glad to see you are able to tat again.

Yejin Park said...

Hello,
This is wonderful doily :)
I want to buy this doily pattern.
Could you tell me where I can get it?

Susanne said...

Thank you for the nice words regarding the doily.
The pattern is from my guild magazine which is mailed to members 3 times a year. So I am sorry I can not help you.