14 April 2010

News from a lucky tatter

I have promised to tell about my meeting with AnneB and Sulu in the capital last Saturday. We had a lovely time in my opinion, it was easy to chat even though we have never met in real life before. After visiting a yarnshop with no threads for tatting I think we spent 3 hours in a coffeeshop talking about and looking at tatting that we had brought with us. Later after dinner Anne and I were even able to go to her hotel room and tat together for almost an hour before I was exhausted from a long day.
Thanks Anne and Sulu for taking time for a meeting and for some great hours together. I simply forgot to take pictures, sorry.
Anne had even brought some new threads for us all the way from Norway. Aren't the colours very spring-like. I look forward to trying them out as soon as possible.
My very good friend from downunder have also gifted me with some awesome new threads to test.
To the left are Yarntopias Treasures and the purple is from KLMATTOX and they arrived just in time for Easter. Next ones are Sage Rose and Dream from Bre-Aly and finally to the right is Tourmaline, and these were awaiting me when I returned home Sunday evening. Aren't they just awesome too?
Thanks Liyarra for being so generous, I really look forward to test these too. I am so amazed by all those colourful HDT threads that are turning up these days.
Thank you very much my friends for some very happy moments these last couple of weeks. Now there really are no excuses for getting the doily in progress done quickly so I can play with my new threads.
Oh I feel so rich now and I am definitely a lucky tatter.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Such fun to meet people that you feel you have known a lifetime! So glad to hear this visit was so very enjoyable.

The threads are fantastic!

I am waiting to see the doily....
Fox : )

Liyarra said...

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful weekend.

Perhaps all these threads are to get you ready for some tatting marathon in September?????????

Hugs.
J