27 January 2009

Winter Crafting III

One of my first postings more than a year ago was about a knitted sweater that I was doing but I had run out of threads and could not get anymore in the shop. A week ago I took it out again and I now managed to do a small neck with the little yarn I had left and I was able to use the mitten thread for sewing on the arms. So here it is, yahoo.
The sweater do fullfill all my expectations. It is so soft and warm and I feel good wearing it. I am so happy I finally got it done. It's been a while since I last knitted myself a sweater - more than 10 years I think - and I had almost forgotten how nice it is. This really was a pleasure to do. I think tatting have been taking over for years. I hope that there will perhaps be room for both in the future.
The worst thing about finishing a work in progress is that you have to find out what to do next. And I really do not have a lot of unfinished work left so I have absolutely no idea what to do this time.

5 comments:

Tia said...

It looks Lovely Susanne!

Tattycat said...

The sweater is beautiful. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous, Susanne! What a lot of work up there at the top of the sweater with the beautiful intricate design! Congratulations for finishing it! That is really something to be proud of.

linb54 said...

beautiful sweater!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
HUGS!!!!

♥ KNITTING ART said...

Lovely sweater :)