21 January 2009

Winter Crafting I

Sorry I have been so quiet lately, actually not having posted here this year yet. It is caused by a mix of being lazy and tired because I have had more workhours than before the holidays. And being winter it calls for some special crafting. For me it means I have been doing a bit of knitting during the Christmas holidays and the first weeks of January - I will write about that in a later posting.
Might be a little late but I did also tat a snowflake in the month of December. It is the one in the picture and the design belongs to Nancy at Be-Stitched.com who has some free patterns. I also think Jeff over at Bridge City Tatting have done it - sorry I have absolutely no idea how to make links here on the blog so you'll have to go and find them yourself.
The thread is Altin Basak variegated light blue and white - I suppose it is appropriate for snowflakes.
I think it looks pretty good - :-) - and I can say that it is a very nice design to tat.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I love blue for snowflakes!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

A snowflake is perfect for January! Glad to see a post from you! (o:

Unknown said...

Your snowflake is LOVELY, Susanne! Beautiful work. I love the beautiful thread you did it in, too! It's so nice to see a post from you! You've been missed.
I hope you come and join in the giveaway over on my blog! :)

linb54 said...

Very nicely done! I like the thread that you used. Don't forget to play once in a while and not work so hard.
HUGS!!!
Linda ;O)