24 July 2015

The Oval and Shuttles
Now the oval doily is finished. It took a bit longer than I had planned for various reasons.

The diameter is around 37 cm.

The threads are Lizbeth size 20 - the variegated is Scottish Thisle.

It is a bit fiddly to tat because of all those small motifs and they also makes it sort of loose which again requires quite some blocking so it will be flat. I managed to do it but because of those reasons I will not do it again.

On Facebook turned a transparnt shuttle up which was made in Japan. Transparent shuttles are rare I guess and someone started a petition there for Clover to put it into production.
Meanwhile the Japanese maker of the shuttle made it available for purchase and I was able to get a transparent one and a milk white one from them. The first time ever I have purchased anything from Japan and in their currency. They arrived here in only 4 days which is very quickly. And all thanks to the Internet.

I have just finished another doily and is hiding ends so it will turn up here in a day or two. And then it is back to finishing the Renulek 2015 Spring Doily.

4 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Your doily is beautiful and I think every one loves Scottish thistle color. I too want a clear shuttle and it's about time they started making one :) You are so lucky to get one early :)

God's Kid said...

Your doily is gorgeous!! :)

linb54 said...

Your doily is gorgeous! Love the color threads you used.
Linda B.

Liyarra said...

Love your oval. Mine is finished but yet to be blocked. As usual your colors look fantastic!!

I have a cream shuttle but yet to receive my clear ones!!