15 June 2014

A table cloth and a doily

Some time ago on my Guilds FB-page a tatter showed a picture of a table cloth she's working on. She's on round 15 and all in all there are 19 rounds. The diameter will be 80 cm in size 20 and when it is done she will have done 78.604 ds. Must be such a heirloom when it is finished.

The pattern is from a Guild magazine from 2011 and of course I had to look that one up to see the finished table cloth. What an impressive piece of tatting and so much time needed to do the entire piece. I am definitely not patient enough to do such a huge table cloth.

Of course I had to try a bit of the pattern. Mine is done in Lizbeth size 40 and measures 20 cm in diameter. I am too lazy to figure out how many ds I have done, lol. Comes right from the shuttle so it has not been blocked or anything.



In the magazine it says it is reconstructed from a very old table cloth.

7 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Very nice work love the color you put into it!

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, a tatted tablecloth. I'd be too afraid to use it!

Tally Tatty said...

I like the changes in density in this tablecloth!
I also like people who re-make old patterns. This alows the pattern to travel in time.

Willnnabel said...

Okay, what "guild" and is this pattern available still. I really want to do a large piece like this but cannot find patterns. If someone could steer me in the right direction to this or another pattern I would be most grateful.

God's Kid said...

It looks beautiful already!!! :)

Clyde Page said...

I also would like to know where I can find this pattern as I love doing large doilies.

Susanne said...

This pattern is in a magazine from the Danish Tatting Guild, a magazine sent to members only.
I think there are some big doilies in some older Coates books and in the Attenborough book - I think it is in those.