04 August 2009

I have been challenged

Liyarra have challenged me to do another long distance tatting. She knows that doilies larger than something like 25 cm is not my favourite size to do. I have done several doilies where I have not tatted all the rounds - not that there's anything wrong with that mostly. But now she wants me to tat a huge doily - and ALL of it. I reckon this will be a monster doily so that is what I call it - the monster.
In the picture here I have reached 25 cm in diameter. Unfortunately there's another round left with I think it is 24 motifs - yes it is true twentyfour motifs on the outer round. Gee I wonder if I will survive that, roflol.
The design is from the Jan Stawasz book, the thread is Flora size 20 variegated yellow, solid white and a variegated very light green. I had to choose something I had plenty of so I do not run out of thread when I am on the last round. If that happened I would give it up.
If you do not hear from me for the next many moons you'll know why - I will be engulfed in my monster (or perhaps by my monster, lol).

10 comments:

Fox said...

LOL!!! Good luck with the "monster"! It is looking very wonderful. You are doing a great job and I'll bet it is finished way before you think it will! : ))

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow!!! That is amazing - so much beautiful tatting. Sounds like you have a lot left to do, but it will be a grand masterpiece when finished.

Valerie said...

you have my moral support, so push on... it's gonna be gorgeous!

Vinnie said...

oooh!
What a project!
Big monster!

Ladytats said...

Wow Dantatter, you work fast and the colors go very well together. I will be interested in seeing the finished doily.

Liyarra said...

ROFLMBO

!!!!!!!!!!! Liyarra !!!!!!!!!!!!

Susanne said...

Thank you very much for all your support, I think I need that.
And Liyarra, I look forward to seeing your monster-doily somewhere, lol. ;oD

AnneB said...

Love the colours! You'll be able to finish it sooner or later! If progress gets slow, take a break by tatting a small project or two :-)

Make sure to post your progress!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Alright you crazy lady...just don't let the monster get the best of you!

Unknown said...

Please show us your progress and please finish this doily it is going to be gorgeous. There is something special about big tatted doilies, there are very few people who make them now so they are very special. Instead of a monster I would call it an heirloom.